Pasta Primavera with Seared Scallops
Scallops are so light and flavorful, they make the perfect addition to light fare like pasta primavera. We used a simple roasted garlic olive oil to accompany the fresh vegetables.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 5-6 asparagus spears, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 ounces spaghetti noodles, prepared
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic olive oil
- Red pepper seasoning
- Heat a large sauté pan to medium heat.
- Slice the sea scallops in half lengthwise and season with chili pepper.
- Add a small bit of oil the heated saute pan and add vegetables. Saute about 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Add vegetables to a large mixing bowl.
- Add a bit more oil to the saute pan and add sea scallops. Sear about 1 minute per side, or until scallops are cooked through the centers. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add prepared noodles and roasted garlic olive oil to the mixing bowl.
- Toss to combine and serve! If you'd like, you can easily add more oil.