Baked Monkfish with Lime and Butter
Monkfish, dubbed the "poor man's lobster" because it has a similar taste and consistency to lobster, bakes up great with a simple butter and lime sauce. Serving it with lime slices makes it extra pretty for your presentation.
- 1 large monkfish filet, about 12-14 ounces, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- lime zest and lime slices
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish and place monkfish filets over it.
- Season with salt and pepper. A bit of seasoned salt works here as well.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until fish is white and flakey. You'll need about 10 minutes cooking time per inch of thickness.
- Transfer filets to serving dishes.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and serve with avocado on the side.
NOTE: We also served ours with some butter and lime infused spinach.